Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Torn Tights, Blue Screen of Death, and Toots...Oh My!!!


What a week...what a week, AND it's only Wednesday! The song, I'm Living for the Weekend, by the English indie band, HARD-FI, has definitely come to mind a few times today... Oh, I've been working a week. I'm tired. Yeah, I've been working a week and I'm just living for the weekend! 

For starters, something wreaked havoc on my personal computer at the beginning of the week. I really don't know if it was a virus or me messing up some .exe files in the process of updating to IE10...shhh. Whatever the culprit, I ended up with dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Mad props to me though! I didn't freak and just followed the directions that came up to do a system restore and, at least, got her back up and running as she was prior to the blue screen. I've got some more work to do on her tonight. So, wish me luck.

As if that hadn't been enough, I tore a hole in my brand new tights this morning while I was stepping into my skirt. The heel of my boot barely nicked the inside of my left thigh and snagged the tights which, within seconds, grew to the size of a nickel. I didn't have time to change, so I just grabbed the bottle of clear polish sitting on my vanity and dabbed away hoping it wouldn't be visible when I sat or bent. Luckily, the polish held the hole at bay for the rest of the day...thank goodness!

I do after-school tutoring on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Before tutoring begins, the students eat a light meal through our afternoon feeding program. Today, it was a hot dog, baked beans, an apple, and mini Rice Krispie bar with milk. One of my students is like a human trash compactor and can literally inhale some food. He always consumes the other students' extras and is then generally pretty gassy. This afternoon, he ate 3 hot dogs loaded with ketchup and mustard, his beans, Rice Krispie bar, and three apples. When he asked if he could have the third hot dog, I told him, "Yes, but I'm having no tootin' in tutoring!" Well...needless to say, he played a few notes before all was said and done. Hence, the "Oh My!"
 
I'd really like to hear how you unwind and relax after a very trying and what seems like never-ending week.

 
*Thanks for dropping by!



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments are truly appreciated! I read and respond to each and every one of them.