Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bogus Blog Traffic...What to Do?

?! HELP !?

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been so excited about my blog traffic stats. Well...that is until I began to notice some strange sources. One was filmhill and the other was vampirestat.


Since these two accounted for the majority of my traffic and I had no idea what they were, I started researching. Apparently, they are bogus traffic spamming sites that skew traffic source data. The only thing I really still don't understand is why...what's the purpose? How does  making it appear that my blog has more traffic than it actually does help them?

I also couldn't find any suggestions about what I should do about this. From the sound of it, Blogger isn't concerned and doesn't do anything about it. 

Realizing that there are sites out there that do this sort of thing really kind of took the wind right out of my sails. I don't want my blog statistics to be false, and I was disappointed to find out that I really hadn't had the traffic I'd initially thought.

If anyone knows how to resolve this situation, please help! I would so truly appreciate any information or suggestions about what to do to stop this.

*Thanks for dropping by!



   


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments are truly appreciated! I read and respond to each and every one of them.