Sunday, March 10, 2013

Go Ahead. Grab My Button!

While writing my previous post, I was in the midst of blog button trials and tribulations. I was determined to create myself a cute little button and code for this blog. After several "How To" articles and a number of attempts over a few days at getting it just right, I did it...WooHoo! However, I don't know if I would have been successful if I hadn't stumbled across a couple of very beneficial resources to which I want to give credit. The first was Shabby Blogs where I found the image. They have lots of fabulous freebies for dressing up your blog. Look for their button over there in the sidebar - - - > under my "Button Besties". The other awesome resource I found was a really cool little web app, Grab My Button Code Generator. Here is the link:  http://64b.co/09P. All you have to do is fill-in fields for Blog Title & URL, Image URL, and a few Colors/Code Box Options. It was very easy to use, and it created the code for my button. Then, all I had to do was copy and paste it into the Button Gadget I'd added to my template. 

Now, my next endeavor is to acquire and insert the social media icons for my Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Teachers Pay Teachers accounts. These were supposed to be included with the blog template I purchased. However, I have yet to receive them. I emailed the company today and am waiting to hear back from them. I'll let you know how this goes once I see what kind of response I get from them.

So far, I've really focused on creating the face of my blog. Next, my goals are to concentrate on content, acquiring some followers/comments, and networking. If you have any suggestions, especially in the areas of acquiring followers and networking, I would sincerely appreciate your sharing them.

*Thanks for dropping by!

                  

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments are truly appreciated! I read and respond to each and every one of them.